Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Being rational and futuristic in Love

Today I learnt few new things about love and relationship. 

I once thought that my partner and I were different with other couples. It is because we never buy things for each other, unless it is food. 

All I've ever seen in other people's relationship are based on materials and money. I always think how can they buy expensive things to give to their partners? I always wonder why all these couples need to spend a lot of money to please the person they love? Why don't they just save the expenses for their wedding in the future? It doesn't matter if these couples are already working and get fixed salary monthly, but they're just students like me, who depend so much on allowance money.

Shariza always tells me that, it is not good to ask for something expensive (hundreds) from our partners since we are just dating and it will also portray you as materialistic. Still, it is completely different if we are already married. Instead, a couple should understand the condition and lifestyle they are living. We are still young, and not all of us has enough money to buy unnecessary things. So, why making your partner feel miserable spending an amount of money to buy things you want? Why don't you just help each other in saving money, and plan your economy management in your future. Being a couple doesn't mean you fully belong to each other. The person you love is not wholly committed to you. S/He also has a family, friends, and all other things to do rather than focusing only on you.

I understand that when he explained it to me. For me, I don't mind if I don't get anything from him in material as I come from a family which cannot afford many things. So, I'm used to being careful when shopping. I have nothing in mind to ask him to buy for me, but still, sometimes he surprised me with a present.

Yes, money is everything. You will never survive in this world if you're just longing for love and commitment. I also know that as a love partner, I must help him to save money for our future because wedding ceremony nowadays are not as cheap as before. Dowry, and all other expenses must be counted in too. Our future house, car(s), furnitures, and gadgets, all these need money. If I don't start saving from now, then I'll have more problems in few years time. 

I'm going to be 20 this June 5. 

Short. Four years are not as long as people think. I hope to get married with him after these four years and by that time, I already have my own car and we are going to buy a house with all the money we'd saved from now.

That's what I call love. As a serious couple, we should think few years ahead because money don't just fall from the sky. I need a good financial management and shouldn't shop extravagantly.

Of course it's okay to buy little things like food, top-up, or anything else but I think it is ridiculous to ask  my partner to buy every single unimportant thing I want. That is materialistic. I don't have to ask my partner to buy expensive clothes, shoes, or accessories just to show his love to me. I understand that it will be more meaningful if the things I want come from the person I love, but, don't you realize that this action is just to take advantage of the partner?

I'd rather buy everything by myself than making my partner spending lots of money on me.

It's because I'm independent and I'm not a foolish brat.

Love and relationship is not just about giving gifts, but it's also about making your partner feel at ease.

♥ THIS?

2 pills taken.:

JANE said...

so true and i dont think i'm able to write such a long and great entry like you did..

enyheartsdiamond said...

i love this entry babe! every single words are meaningful! <3